Top 10 Credit Cards in India – Card wise Features & Benefits
A credit card enables the cardholder to pay a merchant for goods and services. Each person has different credit card requirements, you need to check the interest rates, spending pattern, rewards and benefits. To choose the best card that suits your credit needs compare the features and benefits of various cards. The cards offers many rewards based on income and spending of customers, an ideal match helps you maximize benefits. It is easy to apply for credit cards online check your eligibility and deals for a hassle free experience.
Instant Credit Card Approval with Great offers waiting for you to be availed. Check your Eligibility by following a simple procedure in a few easy steps. Compare Credit cards from Top Banks and Get the one that Suits Your Lifestyle. Credit card offers provide many privileges such as discounts and rewards to the holder on payments.
Top 10 Credit Cards in India – Card wise Features & Benefits
Indian Oil Citi Platinum Card
This fuel credit card helps you save money on fuel and at the same time earn rewards on all your purchases.
Benefits of Indian Oil Citi Platinum Card
- Avail annual fee waiver on spend of Rs.30,000 p.a.
- Earn 4 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent on purchase of fuel at IndianOil Outlets across India. Earn 4 points at selected partner stores as well.
- Fuel surcharge waiver at IndianOil outlets.
- Earn 2 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent at supermarket and grocery stores.
- Earn 1 Turbo Point on every Rs.150 spent on all other purchases.
- Redeem Turbo Points for free fuel at IndianOil outlets. 1 Turbo Point is equal to free fuel worth Rs.1. Points can also be redeemed at selected merchant outlets and for gift vouchers at major brands.
- Enjoy personal concierge services and offers on dining, shopping, etc.
ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card
This easy-to-use card is loaded with benefits, rewards, and discounts on dining and more. All the cardholder needs to do is tap it and go.
Benefits of ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card:
- Cardholders can enjoy a discount worth 15% on dining bills.
- Spend a minimum of Rs.4,000 per transaction at HPCL petrol bunks and get up to 2.5% cashback and 1% waiver of surcharge.
- Book airline tickets with your ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card and enjoy complimentary visits to airport lounges.
- Buy one movie ticket and get one free from www.bookmyshow.com. Cardholders can bag up to 10,000 additional reward points every anniversary year.
- On joining, you will get a complimentary tie worth Rs.999 from Provogue. It will be delivered to you within 30 working days.
Yatra SBI Credit Card
The State Bank of India (SBI) and Yatra have partnered to offer Yatra SBI Credit Card, which is one of the best travel credit cards in India at present. Apart from offers on domestic and international travel, this card has multiple benefits in store for the cardholders.
Benefits of Yatra SBI Credit Card:
- Vouchers worth Rs.8,250 from Yatra as welcome gift. Use card within 30 days of availing it to get Rs.100 worth cashback.
- Spend at least Rs.90,000 a year to avail annual fee waiver.
- Avail 6x Reward Points on money spent using the card on Yatra, grocery stores and departmental stores.
- Avail 6x bonus points on the base fare and rates on bookings made on Yatra.
- Avail 1 point on every Rs.100 spent on other retail stores.
- Points can be redeemed for Yatra vouchers.
- Avail discount voucher of Rs.500 on every Rs.30,000 spent on bookings made on Yatra.
- Enjoy access to airport lounges in India.
- Enjoy 1% surcharge waiver on Rs.500 to Rs.3,000 worth fuel purchases.
Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
This card provides cardholders with an unforgettable travel experience. It is offered by American Express in partnership with Jet Airways. It is very popular because of the different kinds of rewards it has to offer.
Benefits of Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card
- Avail 10,000 Bonus JPMiles and a 1-way Jet Airways domestic flight ticket with the base fare waived as welcome gift.
- Enjoy complimentary access to airport lounges in 11 cities of India.
- Avail 3% cashback on fuel purchases in India.
- Avail Preferred Hotels & Resorts free iPrefer Elite Tier membership.
- Enjoy 24×7 Platinum Concierge Service.
- Earn 8 JPMiles on every Rs.150 spent. This benefit is not applicable on fuel, insurance, cash and utility transactions.
- Earn 16 JPMiles on every Rs.150 spent on booking tickets on the website of Jet Airways.
- Earn up to 20 Bonus JPMiles on every Rs.100 spend under the EXTRA JPMiles Program.
- Enjoy zero lost card liability.
HSBC Visa Platinum Card
This credit card offered by HSBC bank is preferred by many people because of the endless rewards it offers. Cardholders can enjoy cashback, reward points, discounts and much more.
Benefits of HSBC Visa Platinum Card
- During the initial 90 days, avail 10% cashback on all spends, provided at least 3 transactions are made and the minimum spend is Rs.10,000. Avail a maximum cashback of Rs.3,000.
- Earn 3x Rewards on hotel, dining and telecom spends for the initial 12 months.
- Earn 2 points on every Rs.150 spent using the card.
- Earn EXTRA points at selected EXTRA partners.
- Spend at least Rs.4,00,000 in a year and earn 5x Rewards on all the successive transactions.
- Spend at least Rs.50,000 in a month to avail movie vouchers worth Rs.500.
- Enjoy fuel surcharge waiver when you pay for fuel using the card.
- Enjoy discounts on dining under HSBC Dining Privileges.
Citi Cashback Card
This card allows you to earn while you spend. It offers cashback and other benefits on spends.
Benefits of Citi Cashback Card
- Make contactless payments of up to Rs.2,000. No PIN required. Simply tap the card at the contactless terminal to pay.
- Get 5% cashback on movie tickets and phone bill payments.
- Get 5% cashback on utility bill payments, if paid through Citibank Online Bill Pay.
- Get 0.5% cashback on all the other spends.
- Enjoy exclusive dining and shopping benefits.
- Make purchases on EMI at over 2,000 mobile phone, electronics and retail outlets.
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card
This credit card is one of the most popular premium card in India. It does not just offer reward points, but provides the best protection, golf benefits, travel benefits, lifestyle benefits, etc.
Benefits of HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Card
- Earn 2x reward points on domestic and international air ticket and hotel bookings.
- Redeem points for airmiles or to book air tickets or hotels.
- Enjoy access to over 25 airport lounges in India and over 650 airport lounges abroad.
- Enjoy 24×7 concierge service. Get the concierge to reserve golf course and dining or to deliver flowers and gifts or to rent cars. The concierge will also provide business related services, courier service and make hotel reservations.
- Avail 5 reward points on every Rs.150 spent at retail merchant stores.
- Avail 10 reward points on every Rs.150 spent on HDFC Bank Diners Club website.
- Enjoy complimentary golf games and lessons in India and abroad.
- Get Rs.2 crore worth Air Accident Cover, up to Rs.50 lakh worth Emergency Medical Expenses cover, up to Rs.9 lakh worth Credit Liability cover and up to Rs.55,000 worth Travel Insurance Cover on baggage loss/delay.
IndusInd Bank Platinum Card
This premium credit card is ideal for people who wish to live a posh life. It offers multiple lifestyle and dining benefits to the cardholders.
Benefits of IndusInd Bank Platinum Card
- Avail Accor Plus Program membership. This membership will allow cardholders to enjoy up to 15% discount on drinks across Asia and up to 50% discount on dining across Asia Pacific. Apart from that, members can avail discount on hotel bookings, complimentary night stays and Silver Membership Status at Le Club Accor Hotels.
- Earn 1.5 Reward Points on every Rs.150 that you spend using the card.
- Avail discounts from various travel and shopping partners. For Example – Satya Paul, Jet Airways, Woodland, United Colours of Benetton, etc.
- Enjoy complimentary golf lessons and games at golf courses in India.
- Avail discounts on movie tickets when you book using this card on Bookmyshow.
- Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass and get access to airport lounges in India and abroad.
- Enjoy benefits under the Travel Plus Program.
- Avail Travel Insurance cover and enjoy 24×7 concierge services. The card’s Total Protect feature will protect you from fraudulent transactions.
- Avail free air accident cover up to Rs.25 lakh.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver at petrol pumps in India.
- Avail services during emergency through the bank’s 24×7 Auto Assist Facility.
Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
This card is loved by movie goers and shoppers. It offers some of the best dining, shopping and entertainment benefits in India. Cardholders can also earn reward points on their spends and make purchases on EMI.
Benefits of Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
- Earn 2 eDGE Loyalty Rewards points on every Rs.200 spent using the card.
- Avail 10% cashback on mobile recharge, online shopping and movie tickets.
- Avail vouchers of Rs.200 from Bookmyshow.
- Easily convert transactions of Rs.2,500 and above into EMI.
- Avail Rs.500 worth complimentary vouchers from Jabong.
- Avail 10% discount on every transaction of at least Rs.500 made on Myntra.
- This card is protected through an EMV certified chip.
- Enjoy zero lost card liability.
- No annual fee is charged for the first year.
Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card
This credit card has been exclusively designed for movie buffs. It is offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank in partnership with PVR Cinemas.
Benefits of Kotak PVR Gold Credit Card
- Avail 1 free PVR movie ticket on a minimum spend of Rs.10,000 per billing cycle or 2 free tickets on a minimum spend of Rs.15,000 per billing cycle. To avail the free tickets, cardholders can make any type of spends.
- Avail up to Rs.75,000 worth insurance coverage for stolen or lost card.
- Avail Add-on cards for family members.
How to Apply for Credit Card?
To apply for a credit card you need to meet the minimum income requirement, apply for a card that is aligned with your income pattern. It is easy to apply, even a salaried person with good credit history is eligible. Plastic money is fast replacing paper currency, it is also a style statement carrying bundle of notes is no longer in fashion.
Apply for credit card online by filling the application form with complete correct information. The Bank may reject your application straight away in case there is false or missing information. Before Applying check the latest offers on credit cards to earn joining rewards and more benefits.
Benefits of Credit Cards
- Credit cards are a great convenience and help for financial health, pay off the dues within the credit period to avoid interest.
- Credit Cards can be of great help in urgent cash requirement and are a convenient alternative than carrying cash.
- The buy now, pay later makes it easier for big purchases you can pay back by setting EMI.
- Different welcome rewards such as gifts, discounts, and cash back points for activating in a stipulated time period.
What are the Different Types of Credit Cards?
A credit card can be most rewarding option in your wallet and an important purchasing tool. Credit card Benefits and features differ from Bank to Bank. Different types of credit cards are made available by banks, it is important to learn about the various types before applying for one. Most people get their first credit card without any research into the benefits, getting an upgrade or taking a new one is the obvious solution.
Credit cards are offered in collaboration with payment networks like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc. A standard credit card is the one most commonly used, it allows the users to use money upto a certain limit. Once the balance goes down the user has to top up the amount. There are also Balance transfer credit cards, corporate credit cards, rewards credit cards, fuel credit cards and more.
Travel Credit Cards offer unlimited benefits on domestic and international travel. Banks tie up with various airlines or travel companies to offer these benefits. The reward points earned on travel transactions can be used to book flight tickets or seat upgrades. There are also holiday offers, travel insurance, etc. for customers.
More usable in India, Lifestyle Credit Cards offer shopping privileges, dining, and other benefits such as bonuses and reward points on their purchases. There are a variety of lifestyle cards designed to different interests and income levels. Aimed at fulfilling your lifestyle needs examine your spending habits choose the one specially designed for particular lifestyle habits.
Premium Credit Cards come with best of privileges and exclusive offers. Titanium and Platinum are standard in the premium category offering privileges like welcome gifts, annual spend rewards, access to premium airport lounges, easy cash withdrawals, fuel surcharge waiver add-on cards, etc.
Some tips for Use of Credit Card
- Credit cards prove beneficial with cash backs, reward points, and bonuses. However, there are some tips that help you handle these shiny cards with care. These tips help in using your credit card in safe, secure, and rewarding manner.
- For security reasons credit cards don’t come in an active mode you need to call the bank for activation using the registered phone number and complete the procedure.
- Banks levy annual charges that vary from bank to bank and type of credit card. It is good to find out the joining fees, annual fees, late payment charges, processing fees, and other charges in advance.
- Know the details of reward programs offered by your bank and spend accordingly to get most out of it.
- Never share your details with anyone to stay safe and report missing card immediately avoid misuse.
Best Credit Card Offers 2018
DiscountKeeda is one stop destination for all your credit card needs. Discover different credit card suited for you and find the best possible match. We support you at every step and ensure utmost confidentiality of your data. Check the latest credit card offers from top banks and apply online for an instant approval. We list best credit card deals on different types of cards suiting your income and lifestyle needs.